Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Testing close to home is really nice!

Tomorrow morning we have our blood test at the hospital 1 mile from our house to see if his ANC# (resistance to infection) is high enough to start phase 3 of 5 for treatment!!! We are hoping for it to be 750 or higher.  If it isn't high enough we delay 1 week & test again.  Part of me wants him to have a break & just be a kid, but the other part wants this to be over for him ASAP.  If the ANC# is high enough we check into Dornbechers Friday for spinal tap & week long stay for some high dose chemo. It has been a month now since he has had any chemo in his spine, so hopefully the spinal tap comes back clear. The good news is that we are officially half way through the really hard treatment & meds!

No comments:

Post a Comment